Bus Station “Navtlugi”
Bus station “Navtlugi”, located next to the M/Station “Samgori”. Transport runs only to the Eastern region of Kakheti, in cities such as Sighnaghi, Telavi, Kvareli and other towns or villages.
If you want to travel out of the capital in a lower price, (but less comfortable) you can use public transport, mainly buses, micro-buses (so called Marshoutkas) and taxi. You can easily reach the bus stations from the city center by subway and a bus.
- Central bus stations are relatively large and chaotic. Transport is mainly micro-buses, buses and the taxi.
- There are only names of the towns and villages on the buses in Georgian language, showing the direction of transport (rare in Russian and English)
- For some buses you can buy tickets, for other routs you can pay directly to driver, the issue is to find out transportation fee and timetable before traveling!
- Micro-buses have no fixed stops, driver can stop the car any place where you ask him.
- If you have a large-sized baggage, its placement in the transport or micro bus roof, may cost the extra 5-10 GEL
- The drivers rarely speak foreign languages, so it’s better to tell where you are going to travel, where to come in advance.
- Transportation Fees range from 1 up to 10 GEL. Every bus has different timetable, some of the routes operates seasonally. Working hours are mainly from 07:00 until 20:00.