The bus station is located behind the building of the metro station Isani. Transort leaves only in some towns and villages of Kakheti region such as: Lagodekhi, Tsnori, Gurjaani, Tibaari, Ozaani, Apeni.
If you want to travel out of the capital in a lower price, (but less comfortable) you can use public transport, mainly buses, micro-buses (so called Marshoutkas) and taxi. You can easily reach the bus stations from the city center by subway and a bus.
- Central bus stations are relatively large and chaotic. Transport is mainly micro-buses, buses and the taxi.
- There are only names of the towns and villages on the buses in Georgian language, showing the direction of transport (rare in Russian and English)
- For some buses you can buy tickets, for other routs you can pay directly to driver, the issue is to find out transportation fee and timetable before traveling!
- Micro-buses have no fixed stops, driver can stop the car any place where you ask him.
- If you have a large-sized baggage, its placement in the transport or micro bus roof, may cost the extra 5-10 GEL
- The drivers rarely speak foreign languages, so it’s better to tell where you are going to travel, where to come in advance.
- Transportation Fees range from 1 up to 10 GEL. Every bus has different timetable, some of the routes operates seasonally. Working hours are mainly from 07:00 until 20:00.